I just got sent this great list on how to make a project fail. Hopefully a useful resource of things to watch out for.
1. Ignore the project environment and stakeholders
2. Push a new technology to market too quickly
3. Don’t bother building in fallback options
4. When problems occur, shoot the one most visible
5. Let new ideas starve to death from inertia
6. Don’t bother conducting feasibility studies
7. Never admit a project is a failure
8. Overmanage project managers and their teams
9. Never, never conduct post-failure reviews
10. Never bother to understand project trade-offs
11. Let political expediency dictate project decisions
12. Make sure the project is run by a weak leader
What would you add to the list?
Also published on Medium.