I’m really excited to be partnering with Richard Bradshaw, a.k.a. Friendly Tester for some Technical Mobile Testing tutorials this year. The first one will be in New York as part of the Test Masters Academy Masterclasses on 25th and 26th April.
Technical Mobile Testing
Technical Mobile Testing builds on the Mobile Testing tutorial I’ve taught over the last couple of years, and is aimed at those who want to go deeper into mobile testing and get more technically focused.
If you have found yourself testing on mobile recently, you have probably considered or tried introducing some automation or tools into your testing efforts. You are probably thinking along the lines of, how can I make this easier? But it can appear a daunting task; there are so many frameworks and so many tools out there, so where do you start? In the tutorial we will try and help you answer that question.
What The Tutorial Covers
In this tutorial you will pick up useful hints and tips, learnt from within the industry. We plan to cover the following areas over the two days.
- The Mobile Market and How It Affects Testing.
- Why Get More Technical and How To Start.
- Using Chrome Developer Tools and Safari Web Inspector to test mobile websites
- Utilising XCode / iOS Simulator.
- Android Virtual Devices, Emulators and Genymotion.
- Getting the most out of Android Debug Bridge (ADB).
- How to utilise proxying when testing mobile.
- Recording your testing from the device.
- Using GUI automation frameworks available.
- Creating some GUI automated checks using Appium.
We’ll look at how to use simulators and emulators, simulate networks, fake locations and a whole lot more. You’ll pick-up tips on how to use the developer tools and SDKs, build apps, deploy apps to devices and view and change the network requests that apps make.
If you come along then you’ll leave with the knowledge needed to get far more technical with mobile and a great toolbox of hints and tips and hand-ons experience.
Coming Along? – What To Bring
And bring devices. Lots of devices 🙂
Stay For The Conference
Hope to see you there.