Some of the presentations mentioned below are available on my Slideshare page.
- I gave a keynote presentation at Test Automation Day entitled Check This – Test Automation, A Development Managers View.
- At Nordic Testing Days 2017 I gave a tutorial on Hiring Testers and presented ‘Up and Away? How Moving Into Software Management Gave Me a Different View Of Testing’.
- I presented How I Lost My Job As a Test Manager at the Testcon Moscow conference.
- At the first UKSTAR conference in London I presented ‘Up and Away? How Moving Into Software Management Gave Me a Different View Of Testing’.
- I spoke at Agile Testing Days 2016 about Testing Your Emotions.
- At Testbash Philadelphia myself and Dan Ashby recorded Testing In The Pub – Live!
- I gave the opening keynote ‘Up and Away? How Moving Into Software Management Gave Me a Different View Of Testing‘ at the WeTest 2016 Auckland and Wellington conferences.
- At Nordic Testing Days 2016 I taught a Technical Mobile Testing tutorial with Richard Bradshaw.
- I presented How I Lost My Job As a Test Manager at Test Masters Academy Spring 2016 as well as teaching a Technical Mobile Testing tutorial with Richard Bradshaw.
- At the EuroSTAR Mobile Deep Dive 2015, I gave a talk about how Mobile Users Are Different.
- At EuroSTAR 2015 I presented How I Lost My Job As a Test Manager.
- At Mobile App Europe 2015 I presented Understanding Your Mobile User.
- I presented Mobile Testing, That’s Just a Smaller Screen, Right? at SoftTest Ireland 2015.
- I taught a Mobile Testing workshop and presented How I Lost My Job As a Test Manager at Nordic Testing Days 2015.
- At Belgian Testing Days 2015 I ran a workshop on Testers Hierarchy of Needs and presented Testing Your Emotions.
- I presented How I Lost My Job As a Test Manager at TestBash 2015.
- I spoke at the Agile In Covent Garden Meet-up on Automation and Testing.
- At EuroSTAR 2014 I presented Understanding Your Mobile User.
- At Mobile App Europe 2014 I presented Mobile Testing, That’s Just a Smaller Screen, Right?
- I presented Testing As An Activity at the 2014 Next Generation Testing conference.
- My presentation, Testing Your Emotions, which I gave at Nordic Testing Days 2014.
- I spoke at the Romanian Testing Conference in May. My slides on mobile software testing are here.
- A mobile testing presentation that I gave at the March 2014 SIGIST conference.
- All About Mobile Testing, a presentation I gave to the Bournemouth Test Retreat on 20th November 2013.
- On 18th September I presented at the Surrey STC Tester Gathering – an updated version of Introduction to Mobile Software Testing.
- I was lucky enough to be able to speak at TestBash 2.0 in March 2013. I presented A Testers Hierarchy of Needs.
- An Introduction to Mobile Software Testing that I presented at the Reading Tester Gathering in February 2013.
- In May 2012 I gave a keynote speech at The Next Generation Testing Conference in London, Mobile Testing, That’s Just a Smaller Screen, Right? Here are the slides I presented: Mobile Software Testing Thats Just a Smaller Screen, Right – Stephen Janaway.
Webinars and Online Tutorials
- I have had a number of online mobile testing training lessons published on The Ministry of Testing Dojo.
- The Mobile Tester, Your Place On The Team for EuroSTAR Conferences.
- The Current State of Mobile Testing for EuroSTAR Conferences.
I blog on this site and also on Medium as well as writing for various other publications.
- I was interviewed by Computer Weekly about The Changing Shape of Mobile Apps.
- A Testers Guide To Managing Your Manager, an article for Testing Trapeze magazine.
- Top Browser Plugins For Testing, an article for Ministry of Testing.
- My article Testing Your Emotions was published in the Fall issue of Method&Tools.
- An interview I did with the Adventures In QA blog.
- I contributed to the recent issue of DevOps Perspectives.
- I was recently interviewed for Computer Weekly, about the test strategy at Net-a-Porter, and my forthcoming talk at the Next Generation Testing Conference.
- Left To My Own Devices, an article on mobile device test strategy that I wrote for the June 2014 edition of Testing Circus.
- Reach Out Beyond the Software Testing Community, an article I had published in the January edition of Testing Circus.
- Understanding Your Mobile User – an article I wrote for The Testing Planet.
- Training Testers – an interview I did for The Testing Planet.
- Get Out and Test – an article I wrote for The Ministry of Testing.
- Mobile Testing, That’s Just a Smaller Screen, Right? – an article I wrote for The Testing Planet.
- A cautionary tale regarding the importance of exercising care when choosing mobile device test data – also for The Testing Planet.
- Beyond the Smartphone – Testing for the Developing World – an article I wrote for Testing Experience number 19, Sept. 2012.
- Move Closer – Transition to TestDevOps – an article I wrote for Professional Tester magazine, issue 17, Oct. 2012.
- I help present and curate the Testing In the Pub podcast.